Are you studying German? To help you learn German easily while having fun at the same time, I have selected a list of free resources: websites, blogs, Youtube channels, games, magazines, movies and series… Are you ready? Let’s go!
1. GERMAN LESSONS
- Loecsen – Guide de conversation
- Deutsch Akademie
- Deutsche Welle
2. TO WATCH
- L’allemand avec Sonja – Leçons d’allemand pour débutants
- Deutsch Lernen – Andrea Thionville (pour enfants)
- Aide en Allemand – S. Renoncé
- Die Klugscheisserin, mit Lisa (en allemand)
- Deutsch für Euch (chaîne en anglais)
- Get Germanized (chaîne
List of German films
German TV series to watch in original version on the Internet
A family and humorous series on the thele of the relationship between two families: a German family and a Turkish one.
Police series taking place every week in a different city in Germany.
Satire of company life by a boss like no other.
The life and adventures of the people of Lindenstraße.
Series to be used in German courses
Episodes followed by exercises to work on German grammar.
German online television channels
|German channels||Description of the chain|
|ARD Mediathek||National channel, live or replay|
|Das Erste Mediathek||Live or replay|
|ZDF Mediathek||ZDF programmes, live or replay|
|ORF TVThek||Big Austrian channel, live or replay|
|DW (Deutsche Welle)||International German channel – Online programmes in several languages|
|Euronews||German version of the European News channel live|
|3sat||Cultural programmes of the channels ZDF, ORF, SRD and ARD|
|HR||Channel dedicated to the Land Hessen|
|MDR||Channel dedicated to Central Germany|
|rbb||ARD programs for Berlin / Brandenburg|
|WDR||ARD programmes for West Germany|
|BR||ARD programmes for Bavaria|
|NDR||ARD programmes for northern Germany|
|SWR||Regional chain from southwestern Germany to the Franco-German border|
|Tagesschau24||24/7 information chain|
Franco-German television channels
|Channels||Description of the chain|
|ARTE||Franco-German channel with a cultural and European vocation|
|Karambolage||ARTE specials with one video per week – French and German|
|Alsace20||Alsatian channel offering a cross-border magazine: Franco-German reports with subtitles|
- Reports in original version by the German magazine VOCABLE
3. TO LISTEN TO
- Deutsche Musik – SPOTIFY Playlist
- Vidéothèque de clips de musiques allemandes
- Chansons internationales traduites en allemand par Alexi Bexi !
German radio stations
Podcasts in German
DRadio radio podcasts on different topics
Various podcasts on Youtube in very distinctly spoken German
Podcasts created by the Goethe Institut
German audio books for free download
Public domain audio books for free download
4. DICTIONARIES, NEWSPAPERS AND MAGAZINES IN GERMAN
- LEO Wörterbuch
- PONS, Online Wörterbuch
- Bab.la Dictionnaire
- DWDS – Digitale Wörterbuch der deutschen Sprache
- Openthesaurus – Synonymen und Assoziationen
Magazines dedicated to learning German
German magazines for young people
German newspapers online
Austrian newspapers online
Swiss newspapers online
5. GERMAN GRAMMAR AND VOCABULARY
Practical guide to the basic rules of German pronunciation by Lexilogos.
German grammar simply explained by Lingolia (tenses, verbs, pronouns, adjectives…).
Useful vocabulary list in German by Language Guide: move over each image to hear and read the corresponding word.
- Vocabulairy training
Vocabulix offers you a training portal to learn German vocabulary in pictures!
- Alphabet, first numbers
8 pages “to review our beginnings in German”, by Stéphane Raymond.
VOCABLE offers you online tests to train your grammar, conjugation, vocabulary… A funny way to review your basics!
6. BLOGS AND SITES TO LEARN GERMAN
Portal of the Institut Français to be read in both languages, as in a bilingual novel!
Site created by S. Renoncé which includes multiple help sheets in German, especially for BAC exams. The cultural and historical aspect is also present on this site.
Here is the website of Cyril and his daughter who learns German and shares with us her various experiences with the language!
This blog is that of a German teacher who shares all the information about German that can best help her students…and all those who go through it!
This site gathers a series of articles written by different German blogger teachers. “The best German blog”!
“ein Blog für den Deutschunterricht”. Cultural resources and links to current events for high school and German-speaking students as a priority.
Jérémy, an expatriate in Germany, offers you this personal resource guide to learn German! Stammtisch, applications, sites, courses… he gives you all his advice!
Nearly 2000 college exercises for learning German.
Stories of a Frenchwoman who learns German in Germany and discovers German culture at the same time.
AllemagnOmaX is a platform on which you can exchange with French-speaking people on everything related to German and Germany. Ask for advice or help with German, share your impressions, etc.
Site dedicated to learning German for children through various games, activities and songs.
7. MOBILE APPLICATIONS
- Coliglote : with the Coliglote application you will be able to learn and practice German with a native!
8. ONLINE GAMES TO LEARN GERMAN
- Lyricstraining : find the missing lyrics of German songs! Choose the language of your choice and the type of music you like.
- DerDieDas : simply click on the appropriate determinant for each proposed word. Each word is also translated into French to perfect your vocabulary!
- German ist Good : nearly 200 interactive mini-games around German. Created by a passionate teacher.
- Wie Geht’s Allemand : hangman, memorama, hidden words…the Wie geht’s Allemand website offers you a series of games around the German language.
- Ba Ba Dum : practice simple vocabulary in German while having fun.
- Hangman24 : play hangman in German!
- Sprichwörter Quiz : test your knowledge of German proverbs.
Danke schön und viele Grüße !